3.05.2011

Audubon Park

Whoa - look at all that!  (The playground is divided into 3 sections.)
SECTION 1:  This one is really for the little kids.
 It does have a lot of slide, but I'm just too big to play on this one now...  I'm a BIG BOY.
SECTION 2:  See the swings?  and, see those twisty climby things?
 There's the baby swings, and more climby things!
 See this one?  It's pretty cool, huh?
 SECTION 3:  I like all this stuff the best.
 Slides, a rock wall, a maze to trace, a car race, stuff to climb...  I really like this one!
See those see-saws?!  I like the slides too, you can have a slide race on them.
 I played car race with my daddy.
 I climbed this wall.  Isn't it awesome?!!
 I like climbing rocks too.  Yeah, they're fun.
 I think I want to have a picnic here next time.
 Or, we could have a picnic in one of those little "houses".
 We can play tag over here & I can run around the trees.  Okay?
Mommy says:  Audubon Park in Garland (342 Oats Rd) has something for everyone to enjoy.  Plenty of picnic tables, a fun playground - split into 3 sections somewhat by age, a disc golf course, 3.1 mile running/biking/walking trail (connects to Duck Creek Greenbelt trail), Audubon Recreation Center, and it's located right behind Surf and Swim (check link for current admission price & dates/hours of operation).  The playground is especially great for kids who like to climb thing, as there are several different skill-level appropriate climbing structures.  There is a restroom near the playground, however it was locked up when we visited.  We had to take about a 1 mile run to down the trail to find a port-a-potty (although the rec center surely has a restroom available & it is right by the playground).

2 comments:

Tammy Benson-O'Brien said...

holey moley - we haven't been to this park in about a year or more - it was getting run down. Looks like it has been completely revamped! I am so excited!!!!! Can't wait to swing by there with my boys. :0) Thanks for this post!!!!!!!!

Tammy Benson-O'Brien said...

holey moley - we haven't gone to this park in some time. It had begun to get run down w/old outdated playground equipment. I am so excited to see this park has been given a face lift. We're going to swing by there soon. Thanks for this post!