5.01.2011

Tillery Park


Look!  A town!
Hey, those are hands on the rock wall.
See the post office?
I like climbing over there.
What?  A treehouse?
I like slides.
Monkey bars & a bouncy bridge.
I'm balancing.
haha, look at the doggie in the helicopter.
That's for the little kids.
See the baby bouncy bridge?
I played music & tic tac toe over there.
There's 2 playgrounds here?
See-saw!
I didn't even play on this.
There's the baby swings.
Merry-go-rounds are one of my favorite things.
We could play ball, or fly a kite, or play tag, or have a picnic, or...
Another big space to play?!
My daddy took me adventuring back in there.
Mommy says:  Tillery Park in Ft Worth (2200 Rockridge Terrace) is a great find!  Built by the hands & financial contributions (matched by the city) of the neighborhood it's in, this is truly a neighborhood park!  There are 2 playground areas, the 1st is a new (Oct 2007) wooden structure with plenty of slides, things to climb, and lots of places for imaginative play.  There is a separate toddler play area in this structure & there are swings for bigger kids.  The 2nd is the older play area, with a smaller play structure, slide, merry-go-round, see-saw, & baby swings.  There are several benches in both areas, including covered benches for some shade.  There are 2 separate grassy areas, great for picnics of free play, and there are trails the lead off into the "woods" (supervision strongly encouraged if you allow your child to explore these areas).  There is no restroom or water fountain on site.

No comments: