11.07.2009

Armstrong Park/Kidsville

Look!
Fun!!
Look over there mommy.
A train & a depot mommy. What's a depot mommy?
I wanna swing over there.
Look at me!
I'm a big boy, I can do it.
It's a big mouth.
A car wash!!
I wanna eat lunch there.
Look at me! I'm gonna sing Johnny B Goode.
I love tennis.
I'm playing with sticks. (Can you find me in this picture?)
Look at the trees.
I saw lots of butterflies in there.
There are flowers in here too.
"Lellow" flowers.

Mommy says: Armstrong Park in Duncanville (315 E Wheatland Rd) has, as far as I know, the coolest wooden play structure in DFW. It is massive & so detailed. (The only down side is that, because it's so large, you have to stay right on top of small kids to know where they are.) There are lots of picnic tables & benches, plenty of trash cans, a restroom, a play structure, swings, baby swings, a covered pavilion that can be rented, a gazebo, an amphitheater, tennis courts, garden areas, lots of open areas to play, & a walking/bike trail. It's worth the drive (if you aren't near by) to spend a few hours enjoy all the park has to offer.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Totally grew up going to this park!

Adriana said...

Just found your blog! Great job! We live in the area and really appreciate this. I am a new follower. :)

Ben Hubel said...

This is by far my favorite park I've ever been to. Even after high school I still consider the playground to be worth playing on (although it's hard to find times when it's empty so as not to set a bad example for the little kids, since it's a perfect place to practice parkour).