8.26.2010

Lynn Creek Park

What's a lighthouse mommy?
Oooh, a ship!
LOOK at all those slides!
More slides!
This park is so fun.

I'm not tall enough.
This thing, it's kinda like a see-saw, but I don't like it.
Is that a beach?!
I'm swimming.
If I dig a hole, I can put water in it.
See the sand castle?
I really wanted to play in that sand, but mommy said it was for volleyball.
One day I want to have a picnic there.
I have a boo-boo! **REMINDER: slides are very hot in the summer in Texas. Even with a blanket under him to slide down, The Boy managed to touch his arm to the side of the slide & he was burnt. (Nothing major, he'll live. ;) )**
Mommy says: Lynn Creek Park in Grand Prairie (5700 Lake Ridge Pkwy) is a great place to spend several hours, or a full day. The park is open from March - October, 6am - 10pm. There is an entrance fee of $10 per vehicle (additional fee if more than 6 people are in the vehicle), unless you are a Grand Prairie resident, then entry is free. We spent 2.5 hours there & it was worth the $10 for sure! There were only 2 other families there the whole time we were there. We had an entire playground & beach practically to ourselves! There are almost 100 picnic sites throughout the 784 acre park, including plenty by the swimming beach & playground (which are right by each other). There is a concession stand (near the playground/beach area), plenty of bathrooms (including showers!), a sand volleyball court, & pavilions available to rent.

No comments: