8.29.2010

River Legacy Park

That's me & my daddy!
A picnic!!
Nobody had a picnic over there today.

Do you see all the tables? That's a lot of picnic spots.

The playground!!

I like bridges.

This bridge is bouncy.

I found a steering wheel over here.

Potty break! (I had to use a port-a-potty too & it was disgusting.) ((<--his words, I promise.))

I got too tired riding bikes. ((Yes, I know, he should have a helmet. He had one, but when he proceeded to throw a huge fit & then take it off, we gave up. Trust me, you would've too.))


Mommy says: River Legacy Park in Arlington is our family's favorite park. The Boy's daddy proposed to The Boy's mommy here 9 years ago! This park is really geared towards outdoor lovers. If you are just looking for a playground this is not your park, especially in the summer, as the entire playground is made of metals & woods that are too hot to touch. However, if you like to run, bike, roller blade, walk your dog, or take a nature hike, this is your park!

River Legacy Parks (there's actually 2 parks & River Legacy East is a good playground-oriented park, but that is for another day) are built around the Trinity River & include 1,300 acres of nature: over 8 miles of paved trails, just over 2.5 miles of mountain bike trails, and miles of unpaved walking trails. There are plenty of open green areas to fly a kite or play soccer, there's a restroom & well placed port-a-potties, lots of picnic tables, a playground, a canoe launch, & covered pavilions available to rent. You can also check out the Living Science Center if you're at the park Tues - Sat from 9am - 5pm (with snake feedings at 4pm on Fridays!).

1 comment:

Sarah W said...

I love this blog! I just found it this morning when we were searching for a new playground to go try out. :) Thanks so much and super idea!! We live here in Arlington so agree River Legacy is fun. Have you tried the wooden playground down the street at Fielder and Green Oaks? It's a lot of fun and very shaded. Anyway, we are off to check out Coffee Park b/c we needed some place to meet up with cousins coming from Greenville and had already tried out the big park in Rockwall and Mesquite. Thanks again!